For Experienced Users Only
This method is for users who are comfortable with downloading and moving files around on the Quest device.
Before continuing, make sure you have met each of the following prerequisites:
- You have an Android device e.g. phone or tablet
- Developer Mode is enabled on your Android device - Samsung Guide
This method may be different depending on your device manufacturer
- Developer Mode is enabled on your Quest - Quest Guide
- A compatible USB cable for connecting between your Quest and Android devices
Ensure you have the correct connectors for each device (e.g. for most newer devices a USB-C to USB-C cable will suffice.)
- Install Bugjeager onto your Android device from the play store.
Bugjaeger Mobile ADB - USB OTG
- Launch Bugjeager on your Android device, and click accept to the prompt that appears.
- Connect your Quest directly to your Android device using a USB cable
- When prompted on your Android device, allow Bugjeager to handle your Quest device
- In your Quest headset, allow USB debugging on the prompt
- On your Android device, use a web browser to download an apk for a File Manager
- We recommend X-Plore by lonelycat, as it comes with a web-based file manager, FTP server capabilities, and directly supports .zip files.
- At the bottom of the X-Plore page, you can grab the
.apk where it says "Download Older Versions", or Download (v3.89) APK here
- Click the + icon at the top of Bugjeager to install your APK
- Choose Select APK File and then click OK
- If prompted, allow Bugjeager to access files on your device
- Find the APK file you just downloaded (should be in Downloads folder), and select it to install it onto your Quest
Your File Manager app should now be installed under "Unknown Sources" on your Quest Device!
If you are having trouble, this video guide should help!
- Download Custom Content from Synthriderz through the Oculus browser
Any downloaded content will end up in the
Downloads folder on your Quest device
- Open your installed File Manager from the Unknown Sources area of the Library.
- Navigate the left pane to
- Navigate the right pane to
- If your content was downloaded in a
.zip file, open the zip to see the included files.
- Move the downloaded content files from the right pane into the correct folder on the left pane.
Make sure to install content in the correct subfolder based on the file type:
If you have downloaded any
.zip content from the site, make sure to unzip it first before moving it to the correct locations above.
You may then remove the original
.zip file from your Quest